FSSAI – CHIFSS
FSSAI – CHIFSS collaboration on Food Safety Sciences
FSSAI has joined hands with CHIFSS (CII-HUL Initiative on Food Safety Sciences) with the purpose of driving activities related to science based food safety in the country, to strengthen protection of consumers and create an innovative environment for the industry. This pioneering partnership plans to promote collaborations between Industry, Scientific Community, Academia, Key Opinion Formers and Domain Experts with FSSAI to co-produce food safety as a shared responsibility.
A Memorandum of Understanding was signed between FSSAI and CHIFSS on 24th June, 2016 on the occasion of the launch of the CHIFSS. This pioneering initiative will drive and disseminate food safety on science based risk analysis in India and work towards improving food safety through fact and data based technical briefs, FSMS guidance documents and on-line training programs.
- Activities undertaken till October 2018:
- Delivery of FSMS guidance document for different kinds of business including bakery, edible oils, ice-cream, ghee, jams, jelly & marmalade, meat & meat products (poultry), fish & fish products.
- Developed training manuals for the FSMS implementation in the bakery sector.
- Develop Training manual for FSMS implementation in Meat and Meat products (Poultry).
- Organized FSSAI-ICMSF-CHIFSS International Symposium “Microbiological Food Safety: Sampling and Testing in Food Safety Management”
- Organized 4 FSSAI-CHIFSS Public Lectures on food safety by noted experts in the field.
- Organized 1 Master Class on “Sampling for Determination of Food Safety Elements Thresholds in National and International Regulations”.
- Organized 1 Technical Workshop on “Importance and Application of Quantitative Microbiology and Microbiological Risk Assessment for Effective Food Safety Management”.
- Organized 1 Technical Workshop on “ Development and Implementation of Food Safety Management System”.
- Organized Roundtable on “Reducing Foodborne Illness: Strengthening Surveillance Capabilities and Epidemiological investigations”
- Organised Technical Workshop on “Food Safety Assessment – Novel ingredients and Additives”.
- Organised FSSAI-ICMSF-CHIFSS Hands on Training on Microbiological Food Safety Sampling and Testing in Food Safety Management.
|Scope of work||View||Download|
|MoU between FSSAI and CHIFSS||View||Download|
CHIFSS website http://www.chifss.in/
Events: Technical Workshop
FSSAI – NIFTEM - CHIFSS Technical Workshop “Global Standards – Risk Based Thinking” (Supported by 3M)
Date: 27th February 2019 Time: 09:30 - 13:15 Hrs.
Events: International Symposium
FSSAI-ICMSF-CHIFSS International Symposium “Microbiological Food Safety: Sampling and Testing in Food Safety Management” Venue: 9th – 10th Oct’2018, Radisson Blu Plaza, Near Mahipalpur Extension, New Delhi.
Events: Technical Workshops
1. FSSAI-ICMSF-CHIFSS Hands on Training on Microbiological Food Safety Sampling and Testing in Food Safety Management dated 8th Oct 2018.
- Link for More Details - Presentation
- FSSAI-ICMSF-CHIFSS Hands on Training on Microbiological Food Safety Sampling
- FSSAI-ICMSF-CHIFSS Hands on Testing in Food Safety Management
FSSAI-IITR- CHIFSS Technical Workshop on “Food Safety Assessment – Novel ingredients and Additives”
- Program Structure (PDF, 285 KB) (Uploaded on: 26.06.2018)
- Presentation on Safety Evaluation of Foods: Novel Ingredients & Additives by Dr. Paul Hepburn, PhD. (PDF, 1 MB ) (Uploaded on: 26.06.2018)
- Presentation on Case Study - Food Colours and Artificial sweeteners by Dr. Sudarshan Rao, Dy Director (Retd.)., Ex NIN (PDF, 924 KB) (Uploaded on: 26.06.2018)
- Presentation on Impact of Novel Food Ingredients and additives on human health: Role of Fortification by Prof. Yogeshwer Shukla (PDF, 1 MB) (Uploaded on: 26.06.2018)
FSSAI - CHIFSS Roundtable on “Reducing Foodborne Illness: Strengthening Surveillance Capabilities and Epidemiological investigations” Supported By- American Society for Microbiology dated 27th April’2018 at FSSAI, FDA Bhawan, FDA Bhawan, Kotla Road, New Delhi-110002.
- FSSAI-CHIFSS DOCUMENT on Reducing Foodborne Illness (PDF, 1 MB) (Uploaded on: 06.04.2018)
- MoHFW-Secretary-Presentation-IHIP- WHO (PDF, 3 MB). (Uploaded on: 10.05.2018)
- Case Study- Dr Rao. (PDF, 806 KB). (Uploaded on: 10.05.2018)
- Current regulatory status : FSSAI. (PDF, 918 KB). (Uploaded on: 10.05.2018)
- Foodborne Illness in India- NCDC. (PDF, 435 KB). (Uploaded on: 10.05.2018)
- Enteric Surveillance and Outbreak FSSAI presentation- CDC. (PDF, 1 MB). (Uploaded on: 10.05.2018)
FSSAI-CHIFSS-NIFTEM Technical Workshop on “ Development and Implementation of Food Safety Management System ” on 21st-22nd Feb. 2018 and 27th-28th Feb. 2018 for NIFTEM students.
Venue: NIFTEM, Plot No. 97, Sector 56, HSIIDC Industrial Estate, Kundli, Sonipat, Haryana 131028
FSSAI-CHIFSS Technical Workshop on "Importance and Application of Quantitative Microbiological Risk Assessment for Effective Food Safety Management"was held on dated 6th December 2017 at FSSAI, FDA Bhavan, Kotla Road, New Delhi.
- FSSAI-CHIFSS Technical Workshop Brochure. (PDF, 517 KB) (Uploaded on: 22.11.2017)
- Introduction to Modern Food Safety Management. (PDF, 1 MB ). (Uploaded on: 09.01.2018)
- Microbiological Risk Assessement use in Public and Private Context. (PDF, 1 MB). (Uploaded on: 09.01.2018)
- MRA tools and applications (PDF, 2 MB ). (Uploaded on: 09.01.2018)
- Quantitative Microbiological Tools and Applications. (PDF, 6 MB). (Uploaded on: 09.01.2018)
- Case Study. (PDF, 644 KB). (Uploaded on: 09.01.2018)
Events: Public lecture series
FSSAI-CHIFSS Fifth Public Lecture on “Food Safety Assessment – Novel Ingredients and Additives”
FSSAI-CHIFSS FOURTH PUBLIC LECTURE ON ‘REDUCING BURDEN OF FOOD-BORNE ILLNESSES: LESSONS FROM OTHER COUNTRIES
Video (Link) - https://youtu.be/vR5u3qVgzlY
PHOTO GALLAERY : http://www.chifss.in/gallery.html